Our website visitor (the “User”), about our data protection practices and your rights as a data subject in relation to the use of the website (the “Site”)
The following definitions are observed in connection with the Policy:
This website is operated by Website.com which is to be considered the Controller of your Personal Data. Any queries concerning the Policy shall be addressed to the Controller, which can be contacted with the following details:
Website.com, St Georges Palace Square, Island of VLT1190,, Il-Belt Valletta, Malta
You, the Site User, are to be considered as the Data subject.
Any information that either on its own or combined with any other data can be used to identify the Site User is considered as Personal Data.
Any set of operations performed by Website.com on your Personal Data including, but not limited to, collecting, recording, organising, storing or consulting is considered as processing.
2. Personal Data
As a Controller, Website.com Processes the below Site User’s Personal Data.
A cookie is a small piece of data (small text file) sent from our website and stored on your computer or any device used by your browser while you are browsing the web.
- Technical reasons, to ensure Site’s functionality.
- Analytical reasons, to analyse visitor’s data such as the domain you access the Site from, your IP address, the date and time you accessed the Site or the URL of the website you came from (if you clicked a link there that brought you to the Site). This data helps us to better align our content and the website content with your needs.
The lawfulness of processing is on the basis of your consent, which is expressed when you allow cookies to be installed on your device.
2.2 Contact Form
When the Site User fills and submits the ‘Contact Us’ form possibly available on the Site, we would processes below Personal Data in order to get in contact with the Site User:
- E-mail address
The lawfulness of processing is based on the Site User’s consent, which is expressly given by clicking on the ‘Send Message’ button just below the form. The Site User can withdraw the given consent at any time by sending a request to [email protected].
3. For how long do we store your data?
The duration for which we store your Personal Data is based on the following criteria:
- As long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
- As long as it is necessary to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- In the case of cookies, as long as you consent to the collection of cookies.
4. Data transfer to outside the EU or EEA.
No Personal Data is intended to be transferred to any country outside of the EU. In the event of such transfer needing to take place, Website.com will ensure the protection of your Personal Data by implementing the European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) for data transfers from data controllers in the EU to data controllers or processors established outside the EU or EEA.
Website.com has implemented and keeps and maintains appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data from any breach of security that could lead to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, Personal Data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
Notwithstanding the above, the Internet is not a risk-free environment and Website.com cannot guarantee that the information that has been provided to us will not be accessed by an unauthorised party. In the event of this happening, Website.com follows the standard process prepared for such situationsand notifies the Site Users in a manner that it is required by the applicable privacy laws.
6. Your rights as Data subject
As a Data subject, you as the Site User have the following rights:
- To access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- To require Website.com to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- To require Website.com to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- To object to the processing of your data where Website.com is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- Receive the Personal Data you have provided to Website.com in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
7. How to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way in which your Personal Data has been processed in connection with the use of the Site, you are in the first instance encouraged to contact Website.com by using the email address detailed in the Controller section above.
Should you remain dissatisfied with the measures for remedying the situation undertaken by us, you are able to file a complaint with the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner at Malta for a decision in the matter.